The B.C. government has announced the locations of the six new underground stations for the future 5.7-kilometre extension of SkyTrain’s Millennium Line along Broadway.
Vancouver Real Estate News, Market Updates, Insider Tips, Stats, & Analysis
Here are the stations announced Wednesday:
- Great Northern Way — to be located on the east side of Thornton Street, just north of Great Northern Way. The government says this station will create better access to Emily Carr University of Art and Design’s Great Northern Way Campus and the emerging creative economy hub in the False Creek Flats.
- Mount Pleasant — to be located at the southwest corner of Broadway and Main Street.
- Broadway-City Hall — this station will use the existing entrance to the Canada Line at the southeast corner of Broadway and Cambie Street and will provide an underground connection between the Millennium and Canada lines.
- Fairview-VGH — this station will be located on the southwest corner of Broadway and Laurel Street, near Oak Street. This location will provide access to Vancouver General Hospital and the rest of the medical district.
- South Granville — this station will be located on the northeast corner of Broadway and Granville Street near the South Granville, Burrard Slopes and Granville Island neighbourhoods.
- Arbutus — this station will be located at the northeast corner of Broadway and Arbutus Street. This station and bus loop will connect passengers destined for the University of B.C. with B-Line bus service.